Saturday, November 24, 2012

Two weeks

When things are great, things are really great. Gentleman arrived home in one perfect piece of the other half of my heart and left for Melbourne after two weeks. The thing with love, even when it is bad, it is still great enough. The one thing I miss most, now that he has gone is our disagreements and we have a lot of it. Mostly because our behaviors are too much alike and when two stubborn reflections try to merge, they diverge. We are each others' best friend and the worst enemy, too, and I couldn't ask for a much handsome, richer, healthier and lovelier gentleman.

The first week, we just hung around the house celebrating Tihar and the second week, we spent countless hours sleeping most of the time whilst travelling on buses, going around one circuit of Nepal. Instead of our plan to go to Pokhara and Bandipur, we went paying visit to gentleman's family and spent just a night in Hotel Barahi, Pokhara; not one of the wisest decision we have made, especially since we paid about Rs. 4,500 per night for a Deluxe room with breakfast -- all of it was B- grade. Then we made a curve towards Rudrapur to visit gentleman's very aged but super healthy, though a little hard on hearing grandfather, his saila uncle and family via Syangja, one place I love passing by for their scenic view. We throttle too much on bus, drooled too much on each other and gentleman even snored some times which garnered attentions of those around us. I laughed uncontrollably when that happened because his snores are rather terrible than cute. Everyone far and wide knows of his horrible snores. He would make the perfect case study for those looking to do their thesis on snoring.

We spent two nights with in the Madeshi region, and a journey to the borders of India, Sununli. I can still hear the Tharu music in my ears fives days onward, that the bus driver played on the way to Bhairawa. They have music that is too much of jiggle and drums that automatically makes you tap your feet to the music and you can't even stop yourself. Yesterday, my sister was repairing her shoes' sole at this Tharu's shop here in the valley and he was playing the same music on his phone, the latest megahit apparently, and he stopped it to be polite but I told him to play it again. I grew to love the music on the two hours journey. Buy your pressure cookers in Sununli, the outskirts of India, buy almost everything there except China-made products. They are bloody inexpensive but be careful of those tax office right at the sides and avoid eye contacts with any of those uniformed personnel if you attempt to bring in goods without paying tax, for your own good and always wear something breezy whenever you go there, because it was scorching hot despite the country's brewing winter status.

And then, we went to Sardi, a place I had never heard of before to visit his kancha uncle and wife. It is absolutely green there, with gawking hills surrounding the village and not a watt of electricity in any span of area. It is every environmentalist's dream location. I can see Johnny Depp living there, after selling his fully solar and hydro-powered house in the States. They plant their own food and milk their cows and use cow dungs as fertilizers and depend solely on solar energy to light up their dark houses. It is just too lovely there. Cosmic amount of spaces in between houses and the freshest air possible even in mid-day. Coming back to the main road after one night there was painful, I didn't want to let go of that place. It was just too beautiful, every inch of it. So much life in a place you wouldn't possible think contained life. Going around Kathmandu was terrifying and daunting as I struggled to breath the much polluted air, something that I thought I was immune to.

We rounded our trip with a lunch visit in Bharatpur and then back to Kathmandu and hectic schedules, where everyone is in a rush to become someone and be better than everyone. City life is a silly life. Pulling in towards Thankot, I wanted to turn back and run away. I started to have a heavy heart. My unwillingness to resume my crazy, unrelaxed life could be one possible reason but I think the obvious reason is that, I wanted to create an identity in a place where you can greet the sun in the morning, instead of going head-on with a stranger in a race to win and count the stars at night and not think of ways to have a better win tomorrow. I hated being a cool city girl.

P.s: We don't have any photographic testaments of the beautiful places we visited because well, I never once thought of clicking pictures and if gentleman's Galaxy S3 had better battery life than, he would have but it has a dreadful one. I hope just the writing makes you want to visit the places we visited.

Love,
Genisha




No comments:

Post a Comment